Samstag, 26. Januar 2013

Flames of War - Painting - How to paint German Winter Uniforms

Hi all,

after I got my latest shipment with all these nice winter grenadiers and assault platoons from Battlefront, I was looking for something on how to paint them properly.

I recalled the layering technics which I used on the last models I painted for my napoleonics and for Malifaux and how to build up a "white" colour without actually being tooooooo white.

The result was simple and easy.

I started out with my most infamous primer (as I have two different ones... I took the black one this time even if I wanted to paint WHITE).

After priming I put up the first layer and put the whole model with a watered down version of Field Grey . Talking about german infantry this was defo the best colour to chose.

Next step included a wash with light grey (and that is really close for my eye to white).

Afterwards I picked up my light grey colour and drybrushed simply over the model. As the light grey wash (if you do not have it do it as I did 5 parts water to one part light grey colour) does not fill out everything BUT instead rins down into the parts you probably never ever paint yourself with any colour this is a fair enough thing to get some colour in places never to be reached.

The drybrush in lightgrey is nice and settles down on the upper parts. The result on this is that the figure gets more depth.

After this step I painted free hands and faces and washed them with skincolour. If there is some color somethere else we still can clean up with the last layer in our white stuff.

Last Layer is Skull White .. simply paint the higher areas and leave some space for the shades you did upfront starting from black (primer) over field grey and lightgrey to this area.

Now paint the equipment. I do this with a bit of watered down colour... Why you might ask yourself ? It is because if it is cold outside frost somewhat settles over your clothes and gear (this includes rifles as well).

So I am pleased for now.... Pictures here:




Face Colour btw is Vallejo Rosebrown !

I love it then they look like being that pale.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen